Saturday, April 25, 2009

I dreamed a dream



Over the last 2 weeks, there has been much talk of Susan Boyle, even during our training sessions. Well yes, I do admire her for her confidence and courage in taking part in this contest but what I am perturbed about is the fuss made over it. Why should it be such a big surprise that a frumpy old spinster can sing? There is a lot to be said about stereotypes and prejudice.

Anyway the rendition above is the one I like more - not that Susan (haha the pun) is not good, just that she lacks the emotions that a professional has due to years of training and experience on stage. I love this rendition because you can feel the raw emotions of this song and the helplessness towards the end never fails to make me tear a bit. Especially this line:



"But Life has killed the dream I dreamed"